Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bargain hunting

due to my mum's asian cheapness and tryna get the cheapest deal for braces out there.
every month i hafta venture out to hurstville to get my braces tightened which basically means my afternoon/night is filled with just waiting at the orthodontist. usually get home around 8 or 9 due to how far away it is.
so i get there at my appointed 6pm time. but end up waiting until 6-50 as usual. saw our school on the news for about 30 seconds and people in the waiting room watchin were giving me weird looks after seeing that.
so finally get called up. and he fiddles around with this and that and tightens my braces. i end up falling half asleep while lying there and it takes him 2 times to say "open your mouth" for me to realise what he was saying and open wide.
so finish at 7-30 to the sound of home and away theme song in the waiting room. go to westfield to get some stuff to eat. and just my luck one of my things stuck to my teeth comes off. and i hafta go back to the orthodontist. get there at like 8-30. end up waiting till 9 something while watching ashes on the tele.
finally sticks it back on and i call up my dad to pick me up. so end up gettin home at around 10 something.

but while waiting for him to pick me up. did something which all true asians will recognise. dad called me up and said he'd be there in 15 and there was a coles right next to me. so i said hey ill go check up coles in case i wanna buy some liquidy stuff since i cant eat solids after my braces get tightened. go around
and this is what we call bargain hunting. u know those stickers they put on stuff really late at night cause they expiry date is coming soon.
used to do this with swami and a coupla other ppl at coles epping sometimes. and sometimes we'd walk away with an absolute cracker of a deal.

go to the milk section and theres this other asian there too looking for those stickers and i just happen to come across the dare iced coffee marked at 50c. check the expiry date and its the next day. after a moment of thinking, i decide against it as i probably wouldnt be drinking coffee at night or the day after.
so instead i go get some oak vanilla malt milk marked at 1-50 and a 2 pack of mango yoghurt for me to eat marked at 1-50 also.

speaking of bargain hunting. my dad just came home this morning with two packets of beef mince. which we hardly eva eat. its always pork mince which we eat in dumplings and other stuff. so i guess its lotsa pasta for the next few days

off to watch zoolander and its a trip to state library tomorrow . they have good HSC resources. and its a nice study environment

3 comments:

  1. i remember you guys and your coles bargain hunting xP
    HOW EMBARRASSING .
    ahhahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP JANET
    WE'RE COOL

    i remember the legendary 25c boost bars we found, there is nothing more satisfying then enjoying something you've bought for a ridiculously low price
    and Michael, I would've bought the dare iced coffee if I was you.

    ReplyDelete