Saturday, June 12, 2010

Old Gold

While I was cleaning up my desk in the living room, I stumbled across a coupla things that made me really laugh.

Back in year 5, I attended this creative writing class since creative writing was gonna be on trial for the selective school test. So each week our teacher would tell us to write something (story, letter etc.)

So i find this whole stash of writing pieces on my desk shelf. Most of the stories i wrote were somehow relevant to what happened in my real life. Out of the whole pile, my favourites include:
- a writing piece on how to make lamb cutlets
- a story about how a boy ripped his pants playing soccer and ran all the way to the toilets in embarassment to hide (which actually happened to me in year 3)
- a diary entry on how i want to become a mathematician when i grow up. Reading this really made me think, this kid was such a retard. Just to share a bit of it

"I plan to become a mathematician when I grow up. This has been my goal since my teacher first praised me for my maths work. I also like using my brain which makes maths seem like a fun subject to me. Sometimes my relatives email me maths problems. I always turn on the computer to check my email eagerly to recieve more maths problems. My teacher gives me problems as well and I work them out. She also explains how to solve the problem. I love maths"

- This letter addressed to my friend Dante. The first bit goes:
"Dear Dante, I would like to thank for making me a much happier person. When I was in class 2C I had no friends except for Daniel and Oscar. But one day you invited me into a match of soccer and our friendship began. I loved having a match of soccer every afternoon with you and all your friends. It made me so happy"


Something else I found when sorting through was my desk junk was this photo I bought from luna park cause I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I think it was during year 10 while on the wild mouse with Betty.

On the 2nd time around I realised that they actually take your picture like in space mountain at Disneyland, hence my well timed pose. I really don't know what Betty was doing though.

5 comments:

  1. AHAHAHA YOU WERE DESTINED TO LOVE MATHS FROM THE START. I was of no competition to you (;

    Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!
    i love the photo XD and Michael the Mathematician doesn't seem too far-fetched :P
    maybe one day when you're all old and fugly (heh), you'll visit this blog you made and it'll bring back so many memories =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO MR YE writing =DD

    ReplyDelete