Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Song memories

Was talking to sy about this last night.i thought it was a really interesting thing. wondering if people get this too

for me, certain songs just remind of certain time periods in my life. mainly because that song was played in some way or manner during that time, and since then its tune will always be stuck with that patch of time. whenever the song comes on, it just takes me back to that point in time.

for example -
slide - goo goo dolls & save tonight - eagle eye cherry. reminds of the autumn of '07. jero played these songs on his phone repeatedly during our hike and we all sorta sang along. it just reminds of this beautiful crisp morning we had, just soaking the nature and all of it in.

chasing cars - snow patrol. reminds me of the winter of '07. everyone used to be really into this song during then. it was played during our musical afterparty and we just all belted out the lyrics. it'll forever remind me of the good times we had in musical

big girls don't cry - fergie . haha this reminds of the summer of '08/09 . i think it was played during our valentines day dance and the school as one started singing along. girls n guys included. it just reminds me of the great fun we had at school and the great people.

there's plenty more. but you probably get the point.
anyways thinking about this sorta stuff drifted my mind to the amount of crap we get for going to ruse. and sometimes i joke that i actually went to brisbane state high school. nowadays i just cop it, cause i realise it's nothing to be ashamed of. to me high school will forever be filled with good memories and the great people. i wouldnt have had it any other way.
it's easy to hate, but it feels better to love.

as some random deep person said:
"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."

that's all from me today.
have a great easter break.
take care

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I remember blogging about this. I love musiccccc (:

    ReplyDelete